Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LAST DAY!!!!

It is my final day of the first phase of detox!! I feel like a huge success and I'll tell you why... the diet demons were in full strength today. I started out the day fine, feeling good and happy. I even just about ended the day feeling that way but then I stayed after work to work on report cards and that's when the chocolate and cookies that my teammate and I keep on the shelf started calling my name. I even let the thought of "you're almost done, what's the big deal?" run through my mind before I stood up for myself, shut up the diet demons and changed for volleyball. And that is SUCCESS, my friends!

Here is how today went down:

5:30 AM - 45 minute walk (did I mention that I hate early mornings? But I will say that today was gorgeous)

Breakfast: 2 egg whites scrambled with a few capers and garlic, 1 tomato

Snack: 1 grapefruit

Lunch: 1 1/2 cups green salad and 1 1/4 cups cacik (you will remember this as the yogurt, cucumber mint soup from a previous entry I hope).

Snack: 2/3 cup of fruit salad

Dinner: 1 cup of brown rice/lentils/bulgur. I guess this is my splurge meal... maybe.

PM - 1 hour of volleyball and I found myself feeling lighter and more interested in getting the ball... so I was more active. It was GREAT!

So for my last day, I think it went well.

I may continue to blog my intake and workouts daily for a while but we will see... my goal was to do the 9 days successfully and I think I did it. From here, the next goal is to get running 3 times a week as I train for the Istanbul Marathon 8 KM race in October. I would also like to do a detox day once a week and may even give fasting once a month a try as I know it can be super beneficial physically, mentally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment