Monday, April 25, 2011

Day Seven.... Easter Eating...

Yesterday was Easter Sunday (He is Risen, INDEED!!) and I was invited to a dinner party with friends. I accepted the invitation hoping that somehow I'd be able to maintain my state of detox (please... I know, lying to myself on that one). Anyway, I didn't eat detox food for dinner but I did control my portions and I really enjoyed the meal, the socialization and just knowing that I was in control the whole time... YAH!!

Breakfast: 1 cup fruit salad

Snack: 10 grapes

Lunch: 1 1/2 cups vegan lentil soup (homemade, mind you... will be posting the recipe and pictures soon to my cooking blog).

Snack: 1/2 cucumber (I had a tomato already cut up to eat but in getting ready to go out I didn't eat it and didn't miss it.)

Dinner: 1/3 cup mac and cheese (mmmm....it was spicy and GOOD), 2 tbsp stuffing, 1 slice turkey breast meat, 1 slice corn beef, 2 tbsp broccoli salad, 3/4 cup bean soup. Oh... and I had 2 glasses of wine and 1 shot of Crown Royal (when the host gives you a shot, you smile, nod and drop it down your throat... thankfully, he was aware of my detoxing and didn't press me to drop more of them down my throat!!),

It was another day without working out but I was still happy with myself. I could have eaten a slice of the homemade ice cream cake (trust me, I wanted to), but instead, I listened to my body that was telling me that I was more than content with what I had eaten and I went on my way to making merry...

No comments:

Post a Comment