Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day Five... the weekend arriveth!

I didn't post this on Friday because I was really tired and busy with guests.... forgive my late posting. But I did keep a food diary and here is how it went down:

Breakfast: 3 egg whites scrambled

Snack: 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana

Lunch: 1 1/2 cups green salad, 1/2 cup eggplant salad with 1/4 cup yogurt (I know... I said I'd avoid yogurt to make up for my yogurt overdose... but I was WEAK!!)

Snack: 1 medium orange

Dinner: 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 red pepper (all raw)


You will notice that a workout is missing... *sigh* I was up too late chatting with friends and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed in the morning for the walk. Fortunately, my walking partner also missed it.

What I am noticing now is that I enjoy a larger mid-day meal and that is where I want to get my biggest calorie intake. Then I like to taper it off for the evening. Now the key is to learn to not eat when I am bored. So far, having a food diary is keeping me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment