Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day Two... diet demons visited....

But I won!! Or at least I think I did. The diet demons are when you feel that overwhelming urge to eat whatever you want. There is chocolate and cookies that stare me down in my classroom everyday and, sure, I want to taste it but I resisted... Took a gulp of water and chopped on a yummy carrot stick and made it through the day. Here is what Day Two looked like:

5:30 AM I got up and met a walking buddy for a walk that includes a pretty long hill. Takes about 45 minutes and when I wore my heart monitor, it burned about 500 calories (and don't fret, skinny folk... us fluffy people burn more than you because we have to work harder to haul our tushes anywhere).

Breakfast: 3/4 cup oatmeal with a dash of vanilla, 1 banana sliced and 5 strawberries sliced into the oatmeal.... SOOOOoooOOOOOOooooo tasty! Love a detox and lifestyle change that lets you eat yummy food that also looks pretty and is good for you!

Snack: 1 cup watermelon... yum!

Lunch: 2 cups of green salad with a tsp olive oil, 2 tsp lemon juice, dash of pepper and 1 plain low-fat yogurt cup. 1/2 an apple.

Snack: 2 carrots, 2 cucumbers chopped up into sticks.

Dinner: 1/4 eggplant and 1/2 zucchini baked in 1/2 can of canned tomaotes (not sure if canned goods are on or off the list... it's not specified)

Snack: I was starving so I scrambled 3 egg whites with some dill, salt and pepper.

Evening exercise: 1 hour of leisurely played volleyball... I think my abs got the big work out here... I was a fit of giggles as we played... so much fun!

So even though the diet demons made their first ugly appearance... I fended them off well and didn't feel like I was denying myself.... I felt like I was making the BEST possible choice for my mind, body and spirit in the short and long run. YAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment