Saturday, March 24, 2012

Alright... back again!

Okay, friends... I've been ill, I've been traveling and just unfocused. But I set a date (today) to begin a new and selfish phase in my life. When I say selfish, I mean that in the best possible way. I mean it as in I'm going to put my needs first (exercise, wellness, emotional stability etc). For a long time I've been selfish with my wants (socially, physically etc) but I've gotten nowhere. I've come to realize that I NEED to make new priorities and goals for myself. One of those is to be active everyday... and so instead of saying yes to all the things my friends want to do etc, I'm going to make sure that I get some exercise and meditation (prayer) in daily... it helps with my physical, mental and emotional well-being so I'm going to make sure to take care of that every day. I'm also going to continue to fill my body with things that bring it to wellness... yup, that means less wine and all that fun stuff (which will make some laugh as they know my social self) but I'm doing because I need my body to focus on being well and it's not well right now... carrying the extra weight that I do can only mean that it is not well... it can't be well. I'm also going to only surround myself with people who bring something positive into my life... so good bye boys who are takers... good bye pseudo friends... This is about making a new and positive life change. I'm excited about it... I hope to chronicle it a little more faithfully and I thank my friend Jennifer Oakley for encouraging me to get back to this... she is on a similar journey in her life and inspires me almost daily. If you are a facebook member (and who isn't these days?!?!) look up her page: Quarter Ton Losers and like them... they are really awesome!

Anyway... sorry for the rambling... but all 3 of you who read this... well, I appreciate your support and love and I just wanted you to know what's going on and that I haven't given up the fight to be the best me... I'm just doing it more holistically now... I working on detoxing my whole life in a sense and building up from nothing... I think it's going to be good. So thanks for walking near me in this! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment