Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Finally Getting Back on Track

I don't know if you are like me at all but I'm one of those people who needs the fear of failing in order to get back on track in pretty much ALL areas of my life. And this is most true when it comes to my health and well-being. 
Since moving to Singapore I've begun to set a few goals for myself (working out at least 3 times a week, swim as often as I can and learn some new sports) in regards to fitness and health.  In order to ensure that I would actually work out at least 3 times a week, I signed up for the Great Eastern Women's Run 5K.  It's smaller than what I was doing before my knee injury and surgery but I know it's what I need in order to get back on track.  I hit the elliptical yesterday in the gym and was pleased with my cardio but once I switched to the treadmill I could tell that I had a LOT of work to do once impact was thrown into the game.  I've also started doing yoga in the mornings that I go to work and it's been an awesome way to get my blood going and my morning started.  Finally I've started swimming almost daily in the pool that is downstairs.    So I feel like I'm off to a good start for my fitness goals... I've even been given the opportunity to learn to play Gaelic football, ultimate frisbee, and field hockey. I'm excited to have all these opportunities to learn new sports and find new ways to make my body better. 
So that's where I am in the

No comments:

Post a Comment