Saturday, February 4, 2012

One Week Back...

I've been back on the wagon for 1 week or thereabouts now. I don't have a scale at home but there was one at the gym... I hopped on it, swallowed my tears and told myself "now you know... now you know for sure what you gotta do." So at the beginning of last week this is what it looked like for measurements and weight:

Ribcage: 35 1/4"
Waist: 42"
Hips: 49"

Weight: 116kg or 256lbs.

Yes... I nearly cried over the measurements and weight and then I told myself that I didn't cry getting to this state, so I have no right to cry while in it. Time to get busy and get myself HEALTHY!!!

Now, I'd like to be at the gym everyday but (and I'm not making this an excuse... it's a current reality... I also have no access to a swimming pool as an alternative) I fell a couple of weeks ago and did some damage to my knee. It was swollen for about a week and not as bendy as a knee should be. It's almost normal size now but still can't bend all the way (like no kicking my own arse) and is wobbly and sore. I finally have time to get into a doctor next week and I'll be taking care of that so I can get back into the working out. I may also contact the fitness centre near me to price out a membership for just a few months as they do have a swimming pool and then I can rehab there hopefully.

However... with that said, I did do one day in the gym and it was good. I need to get back to my morning workouts as that's the best way for me to be SURE that I'm getting in some exercise on a daily basis. I also decided to start making my own lunches for the most part and just eating more clean foods (less processed). I didn't make anything a no-no for me because I know myself and as soon as I do that... well, then I crave and eventually gorge on the no-no. Now, I haven't been to the gym to weigh myself yet, but here are my measurements for this week:

Ribcage: 34 1/2"
Waist: 41 1/2"
Hips: 48"

So with just making some changes to my diet, I am beginning to see some results!!! YAH!! This just motivates me to get moving too. I can't wait to get this knee figured out so I can get moving. I will post the weight once I've weighed myself.

Thanks for reading and encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment