Sunday, May 8, 2011

Surprises

So it's been a little while since I completed the detox part of this little adventure in discovering how to be healthy. I've made some very interesting discoveries during that time that surprised me a lot. Here are a few:

1. Some foods that held my tastebuds and fat hostage I don't really like that much anymore. I cooked a big Thai meal and some friends brought over tortilla chips (I know... so not a match, but they were Turkish boys and well... you just can't blame them for trying) which used to be a favourite snacky thing for me and that I would refuse to buy because I couldn't stop myself from eating them... well, I had a couple that evening and was shocked to find out that I didn't really like them any more. Sure one or two was nice and then I was bored of them.... WOOHOO!!!! Another one is the bread rolls they make at school... not a big fan of them anymore.

2. I prefer a salad for lunch EVERYDAY now. Even when they have a great lunch on the menu at school, I hanker for that salad with some boiled eggs on top and plain yogurt for dressing.

3. I CAN and AM ABLE to stop eating! Before, I'd eat until whatever in front of me was done... now I eat and when I feel full or satiated, I just stop, push it away and feel great about it.

4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being active. This wasn't a huge surprise to me, but HOW MUCH I like it was. YAH!! Can't wait to step it up a notch...

5. I'm loving who I am more and more... oh... and another 1/2 inch is gone from the waist! YAH!!

So the detox is what I needed and I am thrilled with the results. I may even do a 3 day revisit to it this coming week just to cleanse out after a little too much celebrating different going aways and events with friends the last 2 weekends.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on food tastes changing and loving being active. I can't believe I now actually enjoying going to the gym at 6am weekdays and want to fit in a spin class on Sundays. Yesterday I added in a hike with my father as well, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete